The College of Europe is looking for a Project Assistant (M/F/X) to join
its Executive Education, Training & Projects Office in Bruges, Belgium, ideally as from mid-May 2023.
The Office is the College of Europe’s main link for developing professional training courses, international projects and other professional services for the public and private sectors worldwide. The Project Assistant will support the preparation and the roll-out of project activities and training courses organised by the Office.
For more information on our activities and projects visit: Training & Projects | Coleurope.
The different projects may vary in nature, duration and volume. Therefore, flexibility and precision in the administration play a major role. With partner organizations and customers from all over the world, the Executive Education, Training & Projects Office is strongly internationally oriented. This dynamic, instructive and international working environment is indeed very demanding but offers on the other hand real satisfaction to people with an open mind, strong language knowledge, a broad sphere of interest and a sense of enterprise.
Description of the position:
The Project Assistant will work in close cooperation with the rest of the team. Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- administrative and organizational support to projects of the Office;
- contributing to daily administrative tasks;
- compilation of training material, handouts, document collection and dissemination and provision of assistance to onsite training courses (taking place at the Bruges campus);
- providing assistance to online training courses (hosting of training sessions and support, in liaison with the Project Managers);
- pre-processing of payments, invoicing and the management of part of the administration of the Project Managers;
- supporting Project Managers in the preparation and organisation of events, including welcoming groups of participants, external guests, etc.;
- cooperating with the marketing & communication team of the College of Europe Executive Education, Training & Projects Office;
- other tasks related to the work of the Office, where needed.
- a graduate degree, preferably Management Assistant;
- a very good knowledge of English and French. Excellent written and verbal Dutch skills are considered as an asset. Other languages (Spanish in particular) are considered as an asset;
- a very good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (a basic understanding of Photoshop and InDesign is considered to be an asset);
- a very good knowledge of online video conferencing and training platforms (MS Teams, Webex, etc);
- accuracy in administering figures and payments;
- good analytical and organisational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- able to work as a team player in an international environment;
- strong social and communication skills;
- flexibility and dynamic attitude.
An interesting and challenging full-time position in an attractive, multicultural and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to network with partner organisations all over the world and a competitive salary package including benefits.
The position of Project Assistant is based in the College of Europe’s office in Bruges (Belgium). Teleworking is possible in agreement with the heads of service (up to two days per week).
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page). They should be sent by Sunday 16 April 2023 to the e-mail address email@example.com, mentioning “Project Assistant” in the subject line.
Early applications are highly encouraged. As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.